- Avoid negativity. It is easy to fall into the trap but you don’t want to come home talking about gossip. Instead, try coming home with a feeling of accomplishment and pride!
- Choose one goal for each year. This is kind of like a New Year’s resolution but for your classroom. You can’t improve your teaching if you try to fix everything at once so try baby steps instead.
- Be consistent and make your classroom rules clear and simple. If you stick to your rules, the kids will too!
- Always have a back-up plan. Sometimes we prepare a wonderful lesson and, for whatever the reason, it fails completely. You need to be able to think quickly and change the lesson fast before you lose the kids’ interest.
- Lastly, you need to always remember that you (and your family) come first. Leave your things at school more often than not. Dedicate nights and weekends to yourself, not your work. This will keep you happy and relaxed!
56 minutes ago